National Smile month is now in full throw; running from 17th May until 17th June! You will see and hear the dental industry promoting awareness and we to, at Kingswood Parks Clinics believe everyone deserves to smile with confidence. The Oral Health Foundation runs this campaign to raise as much awareness as possible, towards oral health as it is a crucial part of your overall well being.
As a nation there are some key factors to be mindful of when it comes to oral hygiene, to ensure we can maintain a healthy, happy smile. A smile is hugely important to our personalities, self-confidence, relationships and success.
Here are some of our oral hygiene tips to keep your smiles healthy:
– Brush twice a day. It’s important that you brush on a night before bedtime and one other time during the day.
– Flossing once a day. Whether you use floss or Tepe brushes, it’s important to brush inter-dentally once a day. If you’re unsure of the best way to use them, when you visit your hygiene therapist, they can show you.
– Limit your ‘acid attacks’. Try to cut out sugary snacks, stick to around 5 acid attacks a day including mealtimes. Drink water throughout the day and then have something you enjoy during that ‘attack’ only.
– Use a fluoride toothpaste. On the back of toothpaste packaging it will show whether a toothpaste has fluoride, choosing a toothpaste with fluoride protects your teeth.
– Visit the dentist every 6 months and see a hygiene therapist in between those appointments. It is important to visit your dentist regularly to ensure you have no dental problems and to ensure your mouth is healthy. The dentist checks for any decay, gum disease, cancers and many other things so it’s important to have a routine appointment. You can also visit a hygiene therapist in between your appointments to ensure your mouth is healthy from calculus and plaque.
Are you unhappy with your smile?
At Kingswood Parks Clinics we have several different treatments that we offer to help you create the smile you want. We would initially recommend that you come in for a smile makeover consultation, this is so that we can get an idea of what you’re unhappy with and how we can help, from bonding to Invisalign we have treatments to suit you.
We offer airflow treatment, if you have stains you may want to remove, which have resulted from years of coffee/tea drinking; this may benefit you, as minor treatment (that offers great results!!), you can call to book this straight in.
We also offer treatments to close spaces, have you got missing teeth that you would like to replace? A consultation with one of our clinicians can determine what would be best for you, from crown, bridges to a denture.
These are just a few of the treatments we offer; there are lots of options and such treatments are all bespoke to you and the results you would like to achieve. Our clinicians work with you, to help decide on the best route for you.
For more advice or to book an appointment, to start your smile journey and ensure you are always confident to smile, call or message the practice and we’d be happy to help.